How Do I Handle Damaged Walls After a Flood in My Home?
SERVPRO Technicians Repair Your Home After a Flood
Florida residents are no strangers to natural disasters, including flooding caused by intense summer storms or a hurricane. Even when you take all the proper precautions, floodwaters still have a tendency to make it into the home, sometimes causing structural damage.
Why are Professional Services Necessary?
Having to fix flood-damaged walls in your Pensacola home is not as simple as removing and replacing drywall. SERVPRO’s IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) technicians need to take the high-humidity content due to the Florida environment plus the additional moisture from the flood into consideration. Technicians also need to rid the home of potential contaminants brought in by the floodwater by using disinfectants and professional equipment.
What Type of Secondary Damage Could Occur if Left Unattended?
- Potential spread of bacterial or viral contamination if contained in the floodwater
- Further structural damage if moisture spreads from the impacted area
- Dangerous mold infestations that thrive in moist, humid conditions
How Does SERVPRO Stop Further Damage to My Walls?
- We use moisture sensors to detect moisture that may not be visible
- Controlled demolition may be required, depending on the level of damage
- Technicians perform flood cuts six inches above the damage to keep moisture from spreading
- We dry the impacted area including wall cavities using air movers and dehumidifying equipment
How Do You Fix the Walls?
- After the area is thoroughly dried and moisture content restored, technicians replace the drywall
- Repaint the wall to make sure it looks like it did before the flood
Our restoration specialists remove flood water through extraction measures, cleaning surfaces, and carpets with antimicrobials to eliminate any potential contamination from the floodwater. Even after replacing the walls, they may continue the use of air movers and dehumidifiers to keep humidity levels down and assist in ventilating the home. We put to good use our Mold Remediation Contractor License #: MRSR 2768 and Biohazard Contractor License #: 17-64-1560497 to restore your property, “Like it never even happened.”
For 24/7 Emergency Assistance, Contact SERVPRO of West Pensacola at (850) 469-1160. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Want to know more about Pensacola.