If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (850) 469-1160

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold Damage in Your Local Area

8/19/2016 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Mold Damage in Your Local Area No one knows how many species of fungi exist but estimates range from tens of thousands to perhaps three hundred thousand or more.

Your Local Area's Mold Damage


The first sign that you may have mold damage is that unmistakable smell. That musty odor you can't identify can mean a world of trouble for your home.

The smell of mold is a combination of gasses that are released as a byproduct of the growth of organic compounds. Mold damage in a Goulding home only needs a little moisture and an out of the way place to grow undisturbed. At SERVPRO, we have the experience and training to find these small amounts of standing water regardless if they are behind a wall, under a carpet or if the mold has grown enough to show up in an air duct.

This must be accomplished as soon as possible because mold can grow enough allergens and other organic compounds to make your home unlivable. Since you can already smell it, that means you are breathing it. Once that happens, mold can quickly cause health problems in your family members.
Covering up the musty odor does absolutely nothing to get rid of it. Mold has to be neutralized and then removed using antifungal sprays and antimicrobial foggers that our technicians have extensive training and experience in using.
First, have one of our trained inspectors come in to find where the odor is coming from and determine the extent of the damage.

Once done, our technicians will immediately begin to reduce the amount of mold in the air by changing your air filters and scrubbing your air and heating system.
Next, we will remove the source of the mold by taking out of your home any item infested or damaged such as carpets, drywall, and furniture. Our technicians also use a technique known as negative pressure by using exhaust fans in your home to blow mold spores out of your home as they are released by the cleanup process.

Locally Owned Company with National Resources

SERVPRO of West Pensacola is proud to serve our neighbors in Florida. Since we are locally owned, this isn't just a job to us. If you believe your home may have a mold problem, or want to get ahead of the problem and schedule a free inspection, please call us today at (850) 469-1160.

Other News

View Recent Posts