Help! How Do I Save My Business’s Flooring from Water Damage?
SERVPRO Professionals Use Commercial-Grade Tools and OSHA-Approved Solutions to Remove Water Damage from Pensacola Businesses
You may not be considering the state of your Pensacola business’s floor every day. Still, in the event of a pipe leak, faucet overflow, toilet backup, or other water-related disasters, it is essential to have a plan in place for restoring your floors to a clean and safe state.
SERVPRO is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to address commercial water damage concerns for Pensacola businesses. These technicians ensure that cleanup is done to code as well as per industry standards outlined by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Your local SERVPRO is also licensed to offer mold remediation services (license #MRSR 2768) and biohazard cleanup (license #17-64-1560497).
SERVPRO Technologies are Designed to Eliminate Water Damage
SERVPRO relies on a blend of tried-and-true techniques, sophisticated technologies, and a scientific approach to ensure that businesses receive comprehensive restoration after a disaster.
- Moisture detection technologies include specially-calibrated sensors and meters, infrared imaging, and thermo-hygrometers.
- Water extraction tools include portable extraction units, truck-mounted extractors, and rovers for carpeting.
- Structural drying equipment consists of powerful centrifugal air movers and commercial-grade dehumidification.
- Water- and solvent-based deodorizers, as well as fogging systems, scented granules, sprays, and injection systems.
After performing mitigation services, SERVPRO teams and subcontractors can perform the necessary restoration tasks to return your facilities to a condition safe for day-to-day operations.
What Signs of Water Damage Should I Look Out For in My Floors?
- Do you notice any soft spots or unusual dips in the flooring when walking through the facility?
- Are these locations near plumbing or fixtures that handle large amounts of water?
- Have you, your customers, or your staff observed an increase in humidity or unpleasantly musty odors recently?
- If you pay the water bill for your facilities, has that increased unexpectedly despite water consumption remaining the same?
If you suspect that there is water damage on your Pensacola property, consider having a professional inspection performed as soon as possible. The more quickly you can take care of the damage, the more likely it is that you can salvage your subflooring and preserve indoor air quality.
How Do Commercial Flooring Solutions Handle Water Damage?
Pensacola business owners looking for more information on flooring for their property or considering implementing new flooring should consider the following:
- Commercial hardwood is a highly effective and durable flooring solution, particularly for the cost. In many water damage situations that affect your business’s floors, planks can be restored, reinstalled, and refinished as needed.
- Laminate and engineered wood floors, meanwhile, tend not to hold up as well to water damage compared to solid hardwood. In situations where planks have been affected, the plywood can quickly warp, buckle, or crack. These types of flooring are often more cost-effective and safe to replace rather than repair.
- Concrete floors with vapor barrier sealants implemented on top make for easy cleaning, but water can spread and instead penetrate nearby crevices in walls and baseboards. Unsealed or damaged concrete, meanwhile, can quickly develop deeper cracks and efflorescence.
- Ceramic tiles, such as those in restaurants and kitchens, can handle most damage well. However, the grout can stain, swell, or even become susceptible to mold growth.
- Carpeting, whether in full sheets or tiles, can withstand some saturation and can often be restored in clean water damage situations. However, water saturation and moisture extraction do weaken the carpet and can run the risk of the pad and carpeting separating from one another.
What Tools Does SERVPRO Use for Odor Control in a Water Damage Situation?
SERVPRO Odor Control Technicians (OCTs) have a broad repertoire of tools at their disposal for handling water damage odors in a commercial space. These solutions include:
- EPA-registered antimicrobials address a broad spectrum of odor-causing particles with a high rate of success,
- Ultra-low volume foggers designed to disperse deodorizers so that they penetrate surfaces like water saturating surfaces.
- Ventilation box fans designed to circulate as much as 3,200 cubic feet per minute. Air is exchanged approximately 40 times both before and after deodorizing.
- Injecting water-damaged carpet and upholstery with deodorizers
- Using hand pumps or sprays to dispense disinfectant solutions, which can aid in curbing odors.
SERVPRO of West Pensacola can return your business to a state that looks, “Like it never even happened.” Contact your local mitigation team at (850) 469-1160.